Thursday, April 24, 2014

Birthday, Weekend Getaway..

For my birthday Gavi Boy organized a trip to Amaya Lake- Dambulla.

It was a very long drive to our destination; it took us over 5 hours to get there. We left home at around 08.00 a.m. and reached Amaya Lake at about 01.45 p.m.

Amaya Lake is a beautiful resort. The ground area is very large. The chalets are gorgeous & comfortable. We were greeted with drumming - which I thought was a lovely touch.  I completely fell in love with the pool. I think their pool is out of this world. However the only negative thing about the place is the distance that the guests have to walk from their rooms to the lobby & pool areas. They do have buggies to shuttle the guest, but when the hotel is in full occupancy, you have to wait for a really long time for one. Other than that everything else was simply amazing.

After checking into the hotel, we went on a small adventure to check out this ancient place called Kalu Diya Pokuna. Well turns out that this place we went to is actually called Dhakkini giri viharaya.(hope I spelled it right)  This was a place where the monk in seclusion came to meditate a very, very long time ago, and now it’s just a archaeological site, that consist of ruins of ancient building, temples & meditaion sites . Apparently there are 67 mediation caves (Len). In my opinion there was nothing much for us to see there but it was still a lot of fun for us.

he path to reach Kalu Diya Pokuna is a really bad trail of gravel, however at certain points along the trail that I guess where small amounts of water gathers you can see clusters of white butterflies gathering on the floor. This was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. We tried really hard to get an image of it, trust me it was not easy, the slightest sound or movement make them all fly away in a haze. But we managed to get a few pics, but none of it can compares to seen it for real.

The white butterflies gathering on the ground.

Me + Gavin near the ruins of Kalu Diya Pokuna 

Blowing the candles on the 4th Birthday cake for this week - Lucky me

Me at Dinner

Trying to climb the tree house..

View of the lake.

Me at the lake


Gavo & I

More pics of Gavi & me

Family.

Shanzo & I on a tree house.

Hope you guys enjoyed these pictures, many more pictures have been uploaded on my Facebook page. Please check them out as well J

Xoxo

Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment